viernes, marzo 14, 2008

That "Tomorrow"

It is such a truth that "The only certainty we can count on is the uncertainty of life"

Personally, it has been a tough lesson to learn. It doesn´t matter if you lose someone at home, across the street, or miles away, the sense of losing is the sense that wakes up that sensibility to try to appreciate what you have today and may not have tomorrow. It doesn´t has to be a losing, it can also be the feeling you have when someone you love is hurt by that uncertainty of life.

Crashes because of wrong decisions, crashes against that past, or even crashes that need to occur in the present, they are all crashes that will make of you someone better.

While I was sleeping it was my grandfather, while I was studying it was a friend, while enjoying the fortune of finding a treasure it was another friend, while I was trying to fall sleep a strange worry kept me awake and a message crashed my future, while staring the ceilling a phone call I was waiting betrayed what I suspected, while beginning my journey a crumbled voice announced it was another young being, all of them passing away. Did I expected to know it that way or in that moment? Never.

For every single time it has happened, I got crashed, and actually, I´m thanked I´m not a politician or that I´m not popular, because if I were extremely friendly my pain could became my own end.

Now, after all, I have learnt that life should be seen in a simple way, not going with our minds too far, but keeping alive the past that makes you who you are today. That simplicity of every single day is what for some of us is the complexity of knowing how to live.

At the end, enjoy things now, life is today not tomorrow.